Saturday, April 05, 2008

"I forget what eight was for."

So for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to go to the 2008 Whiskey Expo the night before I drove 19,000 hours to Portland. Except for a little fuzziness while packing the next morning, it turned out to be fine in the end.

And in the beginning, and in the middle as well. I lost track of what we'd tasted about 2.5 hours into it, but I was happy to follow my far-more-knowledgeable-about-whiskey (but no-less-drunk) companions' leads to continue tasting. And unlike the last WOW, where apparently we attended several lectures but I really only recall one of them, I do remember everything that happened last Saturday night. (Helpful hint: drink a gallon of water and eat several LARGE MEALS the day of the next WOW. You won't be sorry.)

I do recall missing some folks on the departing "I love you man!"s as we parted ways on BART, but suffice to say - I love you all dearly and I very much look forward to WOW 2009. That's an event worth coming "home" for.

And to everyone else - try the Alchemist's Macallen. YUM, and affordable. Unlike the YUM, and $800-a-bottle others I would also highly recommend...

No comments:

Post a Comment