Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Voluntary unemployment, day #2.

Got up around 6am (what is it with this getting older crap??). Made some coffee. Putzed around getting things together for today's errands. Worked on a volunteer thing for a bit.

Went to lunch at a local favorite taqueria, then walked around the lake in hopes of a) exercise and b) baby geese sightings (too early still?). Came home, showered, pulled the hair back (ahhh the joys of 15 minutes to get ready) and went to the blood donation appointment. Got denied (darn hemoglobin!), walked up and down College Avenue wondering what all those other daytime wanderers did for a living, spent approximately 90 minutes in two bookstores. Bought some books including a SF restaurant cookbook. I already have plans for my first week in Portland, when I will be jobless and hungry and yearning for the tastes of SF.

I was restless, though. I thought about sitting down in a cafe to peruse my new book with a latte, or sitting down at a cafe to have a snack and peruse my new book. It wasn't the money-spending that turned me off from those ideas. It was the idea of SITTING.

Unless TV is involved, I am not a sitter. I need to be on the move, checking things out, constantly, well - on the move. I was saddened to realize today that I could never be one of those writer folks who spends hour upon hour at a coffee shop poring over their latest potential novel. Unless there was wireless, and I had a laptop with wireless, at which point all bets are OFF.

Later - watched my cat get exploded upon for no reason whatsoever by the kitty water purifier. PRICELESS, although I do hope she will ever consider drinking again after the trauma... Injections of hydration ain't pretty.

And now, making a pizza and drinking some wine in prep for my one-day trip to sign a lease which I am totally prepped for.

Still waiting for the bomb to drop - this is all still WAY too easy - but otherwise, loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment