Thursday, April 17, 2008

I can relate.

Yesterday morning at the airport I bought a copy of SPIN to read about REM's new album and how they agree with the world that the last three albums were not very good. I haven't downloaded the new one yet but I plan to as soon as I free up some space on my hard drive...

Anyway, there was also an interview with Kim Deal. In speaking of her newish-found sobriety, she made this comment:

"In the beginning, it was just weird to be sober. I was stunned by the length of the day. You just wake up, and you're like, 'okay,' and then ten hours later, you're like, 'is this ever going to @#$%ing end? God, what do people do with their @#$%ing day, man?'"

I've been up for 6 hours. It's noon. I have done everything I wanted to get done today. If not for late lunch plans, I'm really not sure what I would do.

________________
I know, I KNOW I keep talking about this, I'm sorry. But really, it sucks. I just need to start running again and all will be well with my sleep habits.

And of course I'm kidding in that last part - I have a mile-long list of things I want to do before I leave the Bay Area...

No comments:

Post a Comment