Saturday, April 05, 2008

"Marriage is like a tense, unfunny version of Everybody Loves Raymond, only it doesn't last 22 minutes. It lasts forever. "

I took my portable DVD player with me when I drove to Portland. I was sorta thinking that if I got bored with my music, I had two DVDs (Knocked Up and OT: Our Town) that required no actual viewing, just listening, so I could put the DVD player on the seat next to me and pass the time listening to the movies, accident-free, just fine.

And more important than being accident-free, getting these out of my queue would put me THAT MUCH CLOSER to a few more episodes of Battlestar Gallactica Season 3, which I have the first couple episodes of, and which I really need to catch up on so that I can start watching Season 4 in a reasonable amount of time.

But with all my excellent preplanned music I didn't need to do any of that. However, Tuesday night I did watch Knocked Up. I guess I would just have to say... Meh. I got the "everyday man/woman" references, with the goofball dialogue and "it could happen to anyone" situation... But otherwise...

{can you call these spoilers? if you are HOLDING YOUR BREATH to watch this movie, skip to the next post, I guess}

... I would love to think that an unemployed waif would agree to father a child with a one-night stand, and that the career-driven female party in this one-night stand would consent to stick it out with him for nine months despite all the obvious lacks of commitment on the unemployed waif's part but... I just don't think it happens in real life.

So I guess I hereby change my review from Meh to Bah.

Until I meet the completely different guy who knocks me up and disagrees with me on minor shit, who doesn't read the fucking baby books, but then ends up reading the baby books, that I end up marrying. When that happens I take this whole post back.

Have I mentioned that Yet. Another. Friend. Is pregnant?

I love other peoples' kids dearly and all, but... I think I'll just run another marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment