Sunday, April 13, 2008

Belated Friday five.

People keep asking me what I'm going to miss about the Bay Area. Other than the obvious - my friends - I don't really have an answer for them. So I gave it some thought, and I hereby post five things I will miss about the Bay Area, other than the obvious one, in no particular order:

  • KFOG's Kaboom
  • watching the fog roll in from the East Bay
  • SF's annual Pride parade (at least I will be able to stream Live 105's KGAY, which is sometimes even more fun than watching the parade)
  • the Fillmore, the Great American Music Hall, the Greek Theater, Bottom of the Hill
  • taking first-time visitors to Muir Woods to be wowed by the massive redwoods
So, dear readers, if you were leaving the Bay Area, what would you miss the most? Other than the obvious, of course...

As an aside, last night I went to another "last time we'll get together" gathering with some friends (there have been at least three "last time we'll get together" gatherings just with this group of friends - and we're still talking about getting together for lunch "one last time"). Nine hours, many drinks, one fire pit construction, too much food and one mustache shaving later, armed with photos to remember everything, I started my car and the radio played the last chorus of "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)."

Strangely coincidental, or serendipitous? Given the added Seinfeld connection, I'm going with the latter.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...this brought a solitary tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen me on the car ride home. Cry fest galore. ;)

    ReplyDelete