Sunday, April 27, 2008

Get it while you can.

Her Majesty, eeking out the last days of Vitamin D exposure before the big move...

She's getting suspicious. Today I packed another six bags for the Salvation Army which are now sitting in a pile where the dining "nook" table used to be. And all the large framed photos are off the walls, leaning up against the wall near her food bowl waiting to be packed into a box. (She actually looked up at an empty space on the wall today and meowed. Perhaps she is smarter than I give her credit for.)

Not to mention all the funny smells this morning as I dumped 19 spare bottles of suntan lotion, at least three bottles of perfume/lotion, 187 travel bottles of shampoo/conditioner/lotion I've collected from numerous hotels in my lifetime (all partially used, so I couldn't donate them to womens' shelters) and hair products for short hair that I will never use again - until my next midlife crisis when I chop it all off again - so that I could recycle the containers.

And THEN? Then! There was the man who came into the apartment with the other man, to look around and see if HE might like to live here! It wasn't the catsitting neighbors, it wasn't the friendly maintenance guy, it wasn't a remotely familiar face. You could almost see Her Maj gasp and swoon before running like a banshee into the bedroom to hide under the bed.

Wait till I tell her there's a ten-hour drive in her future. Don't spill it - I'll break it to her gently... and then sedate her heavily... and then be on my way.

1 comment:

  1. I was just cleaning the bathroom the other day and realizing how many empty and near-empty bottles of various things pile up in the shower. No bathroom is complete without all those extra bottles of stuff.

    And no road trip is complete without a sedated cat in the back seat! Or, more likely, front seat, if I read HM correctly. Hopefully she won't keep you from stopping for food!

    ReplyDelete