Monday, March 07, 2005

My first WOW!

This weekend I had a few firsts. One was my first experience at the Whiskies of the World Expo. One thing I will say with authority is that I'm so glad I got there an hour after my friends did. Had I arrived with them, I fear they'd have needed to scrape me off the floor when it was time to leave... After a while I could only discern between what did and didn't make me shudder as I tasted it, but I recall that the Suntory Yamazaki 25 yr and 18 yr Sherry Wood were deeeeelightful. Given that they are only being sold in Japan and they retail for $800 and $200, respectfully, I'm glad we made several trips to the relaxing times booth. Another one I appreciated, but only after I chased it with a toffee, was the vanilla infused whiskey.

Another first was my first dinner at First Crush... Perhaps it was the whiskey pre-show, perhaps it was the 30 minute wait even though we'd made reservations, perhaps it was my particular dinner selection, I can't say... But I was unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment