Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Skills to pay the bills.

I'm a bit stuck on my next move right now, so at the suggestion of someone who knows a little sumthin' about this kind of stuff (and out of curiosity - I love this sort of crap), I took the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey. I'm still digesting the 21 pages of results, but my immediate reaction is that my childhood aspirations may have been right on... Back in the day, I'd pretend I was a teacher, or a doctor, or a veternarian. According to this test, those are all things I should highly consider pursuing.

Not that any one test says anything, of course - it's just interesting that I pretended to be these things when I was young and this is what came up tonight, and also interesting that I've lately been pondering going back to school to become a vet.* ("Interesting" along the lines of how my psychic reading of my past lives was "interesting.") Coincidence? You be the judge.

And shockingly, according to this test, I should avoid careers in sales and financial services. Well, golly gosh darn it all to heck!!

________________
* Pondering. Only pondering. I mean, biology classes - YEESH.

No comments:

Post a Comment