Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Random sightings.

Speaking of ye olde bus stop, there is a guy who occasionally graces its presence, who I've been slightly intrigued with but have never approached, which isn't really surprising given my own weariness with people who talk to me* at the bus stop. He's not incredibly attractive or anything - I think I've been intrigued because he lives down the street from me and it would be rather convenient. And he reads the paper every day.

My standards have lowered significantly since hitting 20-10.

Anyway, I saw him this weekend at Target... He was perusing the "food" department.

He didn't even need to meet up with his girlfriend a few minutes later. Perusing the Target "food" department did him in for me. The girlfriend was the nail in the coffin.

________________
* In addition to the aforementioned late-for-jury-duty person, there's also Crazy Cat Lady, who for all intents and purposes is harmless, she just likes to show you a picture of her cat (who looks an awful lot like dearly departed Riley) and tell you the SAME CAT STORY OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. You tolerate it because you know that's going to be you someday.

And then there's Jesus Freak, who tries to get you to come to her church but also tells you fun stories about her and her boyfriend who only wants her for sex (mind you she's, like, SIXTY, no offense to any older readers but, EEEEEW) and who she gets into the occasional all-out fistfight with.

Gotta love public transportation.

3 comments:

  1. You gave blood today? My human gave blood today. He came home claiming to be fine and then set a power cord on fire. Claw trimming was even more out of the question than usual, though I'll admit I wish this towel wouldn't follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was of course a reply to your 11:35PM posting, but the towel stuck to my paw is giving me trouble with the mousepad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... Between that and the ugly oven burn on my arm I am really starting to look like a junkie (or someone along those lines). They aren't too graceful with the needle these days.

    ReplyDelete