Thursday, May 12, 2005

File under: recently viewed

In no particular order...

Fahrenheit 451: This probably doesn't even count because I watched about 15 minutes of it, fell asleep and returned it the next day. There must be something about those older movies based on old books I absolutely love, that I can't stand. It seems that a new version has also been announced. Woohoo.

Kill Bill, Vol. 2: I get it now. I really get it now. I completely appreciate them both so much more now. It helped to watch the "making of" extra which almost convinced me that Quentin didn't just split them up into two volumes to make twice as much money, that there was method to his madness. Almost.

An Ideal Husband: Snorefest 2005, circa 1999. So much for Netflix recommendations.

And finally, something I've been pondering off and on since I saw it, and have been meaning to write about but haven't quite known what to say... Crash. I still don't know what to say. I guess I liken it, in a sense, to a morph of Magnolia set in L.A. I guess I can see how some people might think it's over the top, exaggerated, overrated. And I guess if you don't feel uncomfortable after having watched it, or if it doesn't at least get you thinking, then I probably don't understand you. And that's okay... it's just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment