Saturday, May 07, 2005

On manner mode.

Thursday night I accidentally set my phone to "manner mode" (vibrate only). Punchline #1: I've been trying to figure out how to set the phone to vibrate only for MONTHS now,* and doing it without realizing it was just utterly annoying. Punchline #2: I couldn't figure out how to turn the "manner mode" OFF. This turned out to be a great thing in the end - my phone hasn't rung in DAYS!!

Today I was driving around and it occured to me that it would be great to have a "people remote control" - not only for the "mute" button potential, but also for "manner mode." Cross the street right in front of me even though my light is green? Manner mode! Don't want to hold the door for me when both my hands are completely full? Manner mode! Taste an olive from the olive bar using your hands instead of the toothpick? Manner mode!

Sigh. I am really starting to think I am headed straight for hermitville.

________________
* Yeah, I have the user's manual. Your point is ... ??? Haha. I did finally pull it out and now I know the magic trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment