Tuesday, May 24, 2005

All work and no play...

... makes me a very cranky girl.

In other news, recently viewed (though not tonight, because I was doing a little of my paid and a LOT of my unpaid job tonight, not that I'm COMPLAINING or anything, um, haha):*

The Best Years of Our Lives: another oldie but goodie. Fredric March put in a(nother) fine performance as the town drunk, and the film itself was a timeless tale of what happens when soldiers return from the war. This is just going to suck by comparison.

Miracle: OK, confession time. I am a hockey fan. A big hockey fan. There, I admit it. I have been for years and years - though, being on the west coast without easy access to viewing the games of all the tremendously talented east coast teams (ahem Sharks suck ahem) has left me lagging in my attention to the game. Lucky for me, it didn't really matter this season...

Anyway! I knew of the story behind this movie, but was too young to experience the thrill when it happened. The film was a pretty excellent re-enactment (once you got past the Disney angle... yeah, sure, he never swore at them... riiiiiiight). The director put a lot of effort into making the movie as close to real life as he possibly could, down to choosing hockey players/actors who looked like the original teammates and choreographing the moves of the players during the games to match those in the original games. So, in summary, I liked this movie a lot. And I need hockey season this fall DAMMIT. Do you hear me, you greedy bastards?? (Kidding. Sorta.)

In yet other news, I love the Shins.

And to all, a good night.

________________
* For those of you wondering, yes, I have nothing better to do in my spare time than watch movies, because that's usually about all I have the brainpower to handle. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it!

1 comment:

  1. Saint Simon may be one of the best pop songs ever written.

    ReplyDelete