Saturday, May 28, 2005

Don Cheadle mania.

The United States of Leland: I don't know how to describe it - Donnie Darko meets American Beauty meets... Elephant? Which might explain why I really, really liked pieces of this film and really, really disliked other pieces. The concept of ridding people of sadness was intriguing, but the copout of "I'm human" to explain mistakes made was maddening. At any rate, Cheadle was fantabulous. (So were Martin Donovan and Ryan Gosling.)

Hotel Rwanda: I don't even know what to say. Other than, that Cheadle was robbed at the Oscars. ROBBED... And also, I cried my eyes out and temporarily felt bad for living in a nice apartment in a free country. Sadly, the bad feeling didn't last. That truly bothers me immensely - but hey, look, I have wine and pizza and a brand new fancy schmancy cookie sheet! Mission distraction-from-real-life accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment