Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Zen and the art of OMGSTFU already.

I think one of my favorite things in the entire world is when I'm sitting in a beautiful Japanese garden, watching a waterfall, one that looks a little like this, perhaps, and I'm reflecting upon life and enjoying the serenity and patches of sunshine...


... and someone with a voice modulation problem sits down right next to me and starts blathering about how SERENE AND PEACEFUL THIS REALLY IS NOW ISN'T IT I MEAN IT'S REALLY AMAZING I JUST LOVE THE QUIET IT JUST MAKES ME FEEL SO CALM DOESN'T THIS JUST MAKE YOU FEEL SO CALM AND SERENE?

Ahhhh. I can just feel the peace wash over me as I relive that moment.

The koi in the pond were almost as beautiful as some of the greenery. These two kept passing each other (probably out of sheer boredom)...


... but I watched them for about 10 minutes (also probably out of sheer boredom), and eventually I started humming "Strangers in the Night." And then I had to walk away because I kept laughing at myself and people were starting to look at me funny.

I also visited Hoyt Arboretum today, but the sun kept going in and out and most of where I walked was in the shade so I figured pictures wouldn't turn out too well. But in honor of this "beautiful world of trees for all seasons," I took this photo at the Japanese gardens:


I call it, "One of these things is not like the other."

________________
And now you are humming "Strangers in the Night." My evil plan worked! Mwah hahahaha.

4 comments:

  1. YOUR PHOTOS REALLY RELAXED ME...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!

    And, actually, I'm singing that Sesame Street song in my head. Was that evil plan #2?

    ReplyDelete