Friday, June 06, 2008

17% of Clinton's supporters say they would vote for McCain, another 22% say they won't vote at all...?!?!

I'm sure she won't sleep well tonight. I'm sure she's devastated. I know her supporters are, I saw lots of them crying on CNN today. But after all the bad things I've said about her these past 16 months, I give her total and utter credit for paving the way for the next woman president. (Anyone know the stats on how many presidential candidates conceded, then ran the next term and went on to win? She's certainly got it in her.)

My fear is that her speech tomorrow will be like all her other speeches - still dividing her own party instead of rallying against the other party like Obama chose to finally do. This is her (last?) chance to step it up and get her supporters on board with the cause, not the candidate. Lives and dollars and the melting ice caps are at stake, for Pete's sake.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, and the idea of an Obama/Clinton campaign makes me laugh. If he concedes to that I might have to throw in the towel and move another 315 miles north once and for all...

1 comment:

  1. Of course, this speech will get a small fraction of the TV audience as her final election-night speech, since it;s on Saturday. It will make some Sunday papers, at least. But she missed (purposely, probably) the chance to give Obama a high-impact, high-profile endorsement. Saturday is like a notorious black hole for news, which is why you see companies putting out bad news on Friday all the time.

    ReplyDelete