Monday, June 23, 2008

I couldn't let unemployment go without seeing the last Portlandish waterfall I'm aware of:

This one was in the Chinese Garden in the city... a truly remarkable place. I'm considering a membership since it's so close to where I'll be working. If I ever need to chill out after a stressful day, this is the place to do it. A little urban zen, if you will:

And if I ever needed a place to chill out before heading to get hush puppies, only to find that the restaurant is closed (don't Portland people EAT on Mondays for pete's shakes?!), this was the place to do it.

But all was not lost - I caught Mt. Hood looming over the highway on the walk to the restaurant:

So instead of hush puppies I stopped by Fred Meyer for ice cream. On a whim I picked up Stephen Colbert's flavor, and despite my hesitations (fudge covered waffle cone pieces?!) it's actually not bad. The vanilla ice cream is not too sweet and the chewy candy centers are just fudgy and caramely enough.

Tomorrow I hang up the ponytail holder and sweats in favor of working stiff clothes, and rejoin 94.5% of America in the daily grind.

Meh. I need more urban zen... and more ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment