Friday, June 06, 2008

Belated Wednesday three.

Three movies I saw recently and my opinion of them, in no particular order:

  • This So-Called Disaster: an interesting view into how directors craft their plays. I did sets for theater in high school so this was interesting to me. Might not be so interesting for you.
  • Paper Cut: I have got to get rid of all these crappy quarterlife indie flicks in my queue. Not sure what I was thinking. They're always billed as comedies and they are soooo not funny ha ha (see previously reviewed crappy quarterlife indie flick).
  • Dogtown and Z-Boys: I could watch skateboarders for days and never get bored. Occasionally I'll even think, I should try that, it would be so cool to be able to skate. Then someone falls on their face and I let the thought go. Anyway, this was a brilliant documentary. The dumbfounded looks on the traditional skaters' faces when the Zephyr crew shows up for their first competition = priceless. Bonus points to Stacy Peralta for featuring more of Henry Rollins than Tony Hawk (I love Tony but that would've just been cliche). Long live extreme sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment