Sunday, June 29, 2008

I wish *my* morning DJ would greet me like that.

The Notebook: OK, people who recommended this movie to me, and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... What. The. Hell? I mean, he was great and I even liked her for once, but you really don't know me at all, do you? Sappy story about true love enduring, complete with a happy ending (and no sarcastic wit or rhyming with "peanut" or fancy fencing footwork)? Come ON! Who do you think you're dealing with here?

Lords of Dogtown: completely made up for the aforementioned sap. They did an amazing job learning the moves and (mostly) recreating the story told in Dogtown and Z-Boys. Made me want to learn to skate. Again. Made me sad about Heath Ledger. Again.

Interview: might've had a brilliant ending. I wouldn't know - I couldn't get through the first half hour. It begged to be compared with Before Sunrise/Sunset, but paled horribly. IMHO.

Talk to Me
: I hereby pledge to see every single film Don Cheadle ever makes no matter how depressing, odd or both it looks on the surface. I might even see every Tim Meadows film too, just to make sure all my bases are covered. (Sorry, it's just that I couldn't help but see Leon Phelps every time Petey Greene was on screen.) But back to the film - I need to ask my parents what they remember about this guy. Fascinating story... Excellent flick.

________________
The subject of today's post was brought to you by Talk to Me. Rent the movie to see what I mean. Or, just cheat and read the movie quotes on IMDB. Hearing it firsthand is more fun though.

3 comments:

  1. Er... if I'm one of the ones who recommended "The Notebook" to you, it was only because of the hotness of RG!!! Who pays attention to the storyline when he's nekkid and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, like Lily said. Not sure if I ever recommended this to you once (though I KNOW this isn't your type of movie). If I did, it was only because of the RG hotness factor. The girl in that movie bugs me, and I also thought this was too sappy (not exactly my cup of tea, either).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YKWYA has been identified and properly reprimanded in a roundabout way. Thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete