Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Updates.

It's Day Five of the iron supplement/iron-rich food test. The very first day after I changed up my diet a bit and took an iron supplement, I felt a noticeable energy improvement. Instead of needing a four hour nap at 10:30am, I've made it till 11:30pm every day except for yesterday, when I purposely went to bed at 10:30pm in prep for the big first day. And no more pink pee.* Today for hormonal reasons, I'm enjoying comfort food instead of well-planned iron-rich meal but I did take the supplement. One of my new coworkers also recommended B-12 supplements as a cure for similar symptoms. Benefits kick in July 1, so tomorrow at lunch I'm going to find a doctor and see if my current plan is sound and if there's anything else I should be doing...

Thus ends the boring update.

The kinda fun update is that today was Day One of the aforementioned new job. The job for which I have no baggage, no history, no knowledge, just skillz. Mad, mad skillz. I walked out the door this morning feeling much like the day I left for sixth grade, when I transferred to a new "gifted" school to finish out my elementary days. I didn't know a single new person at my new school, I had no idea what was in store for me, and I had to - gasp - ride a BUS.** The first person I met that morning is still my very dear friend after all these years.

(As she tells the story, we were standing in line next to each other the first morning, and we kinda looked at each other, and she said "do you know anyone?" and I said "no, you?" and she said, "no, wanna be friends?" and I shrugged and said, "OK." And the rest is 22 years of mostly ups, a few downs, and lots and lots of memories. Here's hoping this evolves to something along those lines.)

________________
* The "science is cool!" update: for the first two days after taking the supplement, there was pink. It was kinda like when the you were a kid and the dentist gave you those weird pink tablets to chew after you brushed your teeth, to show you what a crappy teeth-brushing job you'd just done. And then on day three there was no pink. My red blood cells' way of saying, "no tartar!"

** My new commute is 4.3 miles and takes about 40 minutes door to Max to door. But it's 100% free so I don't mind the duration. I am thinking more thoughtfully about that bike idea though...

No comments:

Post a Comment