Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday five.

Five places/things I never got around to seeing/doing in the Bay Area, that I'm not too sad about never having seen/done, in no particular order:

  • the inside of/view from Coit Tower (though I did see from the Bay Bridge last night, partially shrouded in fog with the Bay in the background, and it was a lovely sight to see)
  • the de Young Museum
  • Tahoe (I got up to Desolation Wilderness to hike, and to Placerville several times to visit a friend, but never went to Tahoe)
  • the Slanted Door, Gary Danko, Fleur de Lys, Aqua, Michael Mina, Delfina (but most of the other "musts" for tourists and residents alike, e.g. Millennium, Cliff House, Stinking Rose, Chez Panisse, French Laundry, Masa's, rnm, Scoma = check! ... and besides, the "nevers" gives me a list for when I visit)
  • Bay to Breakers
Last night may have been my last time in the city of San Francisco for a while. That was an odd realization. So, as a bonus Friday five, here are five things I regret never doing while living in the Bay Area (which I will add to the list for when I visit):
  • hiking on Angel Island
  • going on an Anchor Steam brewery tour
  • visiting the Farallon Islands to see the great white sharks
  • Musee Mechanique
  • walking the Greenwich Street steps to look for parrots

No comments:

Post a Comment