Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Less punching, more whip action. Wait, that doesn't sound right...

The sun came out of hiding this afternoon for the first time in a few days, so I did what any normal person in this situation would do - I headed straight for the darkness of the movie theater.

It was okay. I suppose it was worth my $7 to see it on the big screen, even though there really wasn't much exciting action and it would've been just as entertaining for $7 and a beer or three at the Parkway. (Note to self: go to the Baghdad. Soon.) I didn't like how they purposely cut off head shots during some of the stunt scenes - really, we know it's not them, just show long shots of the doubles already. The main plot was intriguing but all the underlying plots got on my nerves. The kid was annoying - what was with all the throat-clearing? Maybe if he'd quit smoking for a month prior to filming, he wouldn't have had so much phlegm. I'm surprised that got left in. (I'm probably the only one who noticed that, right?)

I did notice Indy's hands shaking a little bit when he was reading that letter and actively opted to attribute it to the fact that the cave was cold, not that he was old. And his snarly slur has gotten a little... slurrier. But otherwise he's still got it. And Cate Blanchett kicks ass in every single thing she does.

The best part about the whole afternoon was seeing the Dark Knight trailer. I'm still sad about Heath Ledger so I've been avoiding anything related to this film, but I watched the trailer intently and now I'm eagerly awaiting the release...

________________
People actually searching for the subject line are in for a sad disappointment. Sorry, people! Google Bimbo 365 - that'll get you where you want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment