Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nothing will stand in our way.

Original post for yesterday:

Haiku to Comcast.

Cable out Sunday.

Work project due tomorrow.

No hike today. Phhhbbbbbbbttttt.

I hate, hate, HATE when other people are in charge of my time. HATE IT. The good news is that it's raining right now, so the waterfall hike I planned to do today will be even prettier in a day or two...

Actual post for yesterday, which I was too tired to post last night:

The cable went out Sunday so I wasn't able to finish up a work project that was due by mid-day Monday. I was annoyed with this, because I planned to do some hiking Monday and now I'd have to spend it waiting for the cable guy and finishing up the project. Monday when I woke up it was raining, so I chalked it up to a day lost and settled in to wait for the cable guy to show up during his 4-hour window.

The cable guy showed up at 8:20, fixed the cable in about 2 seconds, and I was able to finish the work project by 11am as planned. Coincidentally (serendipitously?) it also stopped raining, so after lunch I headed to the Columbia River Gorge to do some exploring.

I didn't know much about Portland before moving here. I knew it rained, I knew there was good beer, I knew people were nice, I knew it was easy to get around, I knew it was more affordable than California and I knew that Colin Meloy paid off his overdue fines at the Multnomah County library.*

But I didn't know about the waterfalls. No one mentioned the waterfalls.




These are all within about 30 minutes of me. As are lots of wonderful hikes that I can't wait to conquer. More photos here.

________________
* When I wasn't singing this line NINETEEN THOUSAND TIMES yesterday on my hike, I realized that I've learned several other things about Portland from Colin Meloy. For one thing, that Portland was located in Multnomah County. Good to know what county you're living in. And that the bus mall really is as depressing as the song implies.

No comments:

Post a Comment