Sunday, May 11, 2008

Generally speaking...

... I am pretty settled.

I've found a place for everything except my cheap cloth shoe/sweater hanging storage things and some old Halloween costumes I will never wear again. Someone is coming this morning to pick up all the empty moving boxes. All but four boxes are unpacked, and those boxes are all my little photos and tchotchkes that I can wait a while to put out, or all my desk crap. My desk area is still a bit in shambles but it will work for now.

I got the VCR to work with the "on demand" cable box (OK it wasn't really that hard, but it WAS very important - I was determined to watch BSG on screen larger than 7" last night, dammit!) and I think I've sorta figured out the "on demand" cable situation. I also seem to miraculously be able to exist on eight electrical outlets, with the help of several extension cords, of course.

Her Majesty has calmed down quite a bit and is eating regularly.

I bought three interesting exploration books at Powells yesterday after checking out the Saturday Market (which is gonna be great for birthday present hunting). I hope to do one of the hikes or walks tomorrow. Yunno, while the rest of you are at work. Haha.

And I've made friends with the local Fred Meyer, Trader Joe's, Target, Bed Bath Beyond and WAMU, three of which are a 10-minute walk from my apartment.

All that's left to do for the immediate future, other than driver's license/voter registration/car insurance, is to wonder why the hell I signed up for all this contract work with my former employer when all I want to do is plaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy...

No comments:

Post a Comment