Thursday, May 15, 2008

I wonder how many people called in sick today.

I think my body has taken over for Her Majesty in the WTF department. This morning, after at least 10 straight days of stress, hard physical labor (self-induced or move-related), and overall running around my eyes popped open at 6am as usual, then closed again... for five more hours.*

So at 11am I woke up and ate, then subjected my body to more hard physical labor with another hike. I think Triple Falls is now my favorite waterfall ever on the face of the earth:


I also really like waterfalls you can walk behind. I stood here, behind Ponytail Falls, for at least 10 minutes just soaking in the sounds and sights:


Lots of people were out hiking today, given the warm (I mean, BLOODY FREAKING HOT) weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be another record high day, even higher than today. I wonder how many more people will call in sick tomorrow... My old marathon injury is acting up with all this exercise, so I think I'll hit an air conditioned matinee and leave the sun and heat to those who need it.

________________
* I had some crazy dreams during those five hours too. In one, I was on a riverboat with the guy who moved me (and a bunch of other strangers) and he gave me a half-full bottle of cheap rum, and threatened my life if I put it down or poured it out. I didn't have to drink it, I just had to hold it. In another I left my car by the side of the road on I-5 for some unknown reason and in my attempt to hitchhike to Oregon, got picked up by a semi driver who had movie theater stadium seating and a big screen in his rig instead of cargo. It was neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment