Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Unemployment, day... ahhhh, who's counting anymore?

On the advice of my wise PCT hiker friend, I took another trip to the Columbia River Gorge today to attempt the 6-mile hike out to Tunnel Falls. I wasn't sure I could handle a 12-mile hike with my leg acting funny, so I was rather delighted to find that it was more of a walk next to a roaring creek for most of that 6 miles rather than an all-out hike. It rained the whole way there and back, drizzling mostly but now and then raining to the point where I was concerned about my camera getting soaked under the numerous layers where I hid it. So now I'm just waiting for the cold to kick in and uploading some of what I saw...

Here is Punchbowl Falls:

Here is Metlako Falls:

And here is Tunnel Falls:

And here are more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I honestly didn't realize you've got so many awesome falls over there. I especially like the walk vs. all-out hike access to these.

    ReplyDelete