Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And now for something completely different.

(Well. Not really.)

After yesterday's scathing post*, I bring you this. I HATE APPLE. They don't sell their completely functional headphones that come with the iPod you buy. Instead, to purchase an Apple-supported piece of equipment, you have to buy an expensive crappy replacement pair that has these squishy earplugs that don't stay in your ears when you are running.

And ALSO! Why, after numerous restarts and reinstalls, does my iPod just skip past all the albums I've recent purchased, which play just fine from iTunes? Why, I ask you? Their support instructions: re-import the songs. Well, why should I have to when I bought the freaking albums from YOU?? And I haven't yet burned them to backup disks because I just bought them?? From YOU??

OK, I don't really HATE Apple. I couldn't live without my iPod. And I reserve pure unadultered hatred for government officials. I'm just annoyed.

________________
* It wasn't really scathing, I guess, and it was mostly a self-absorbed rant toward the blood relative I am about to spend 4 days straight with who does not read this blog... But yeah, there is some overall truth to it too. And truth comes out with alcohol, in case you didn't know. But it was also a bit self-righteous - I was one of those people playing the victim and then I got over it. I'm sure I will be playing the victim again in the near future. Anyway... Gotta quit turning on the computer after a few glasses of wine.

1 comment:

  1. As a public service announcement to all of Jen's iPod-owning blog fans, I'll point out that the iPod has a generic headphone socket. Unless you want something extra like the mini control pad, you can use any headphones at all, "Apple-supported" or not. It sounds just as good if the cables are black.

    Likewise, you can use white-cabled Apple headphones with a cheap MP3 player and everyone will think you have a fancy schmancy iPod. Though I do it just to not lose the cables in my fur.

    ReplyDelete