Sunday, March 19, 2006

On the most sensational inspirational celebrational...

I was so thrilled to see that Netflix is offering old Muppet Show episodes for rent. I mean, I love... really, truly LOVE... the Muppet Movie, but I was very, very young when the Muppet Show was on TV. I have vague recollections of Elton John and the Captain & Tenille on the show. But I don't recall these three episodes:

Peter Sellers just being Peter Sellers.
John Cleese being a pirate invading Pigs In Space!
Dudley Moore and Animal going head to head.

I love Animal. And poor Gonzo. Poor, poor Gonzo.

When I was young, it was just a funny show. Watching these three episodes as a now "thirty-something"* I appreciate how that show set the bar for adult humor hidden amongst cuddly puppets (or cartoons, e.g. the Simpsons).

________________
* Yes it PAINS me to use that phrase. But it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment