Saturday, March 11, 2006

Two down, one to go.

Because there's no other great way to start a Saturday than with a refreshing story about teenage heroin addicts... I finally got around to watching The Basketball Diaries. Judging from all the times they pointed me toward it, I think Netflix was going to send it me regardless of whether I ever put it in my queue or not. Anyway, I thought it was as good as "they" said it was and I'm glad to have seen it, although I did think that there were times when Leo acted more like Arnie than a strung out heroin addict.

And then far less depressing, but still somewhat heartfelt, was Raising Victor Vargas. I put off seeing this because I thought it was about a kid trying to be a player. It's not... for the most part.* I liked it.

________________
* Oh and "longislandlloyd" - it's also not a freakin' "family movie." It's about a family. There's a big difference. Go back to your Must Love Dogs crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment