Monday, March 20, 2006

Note to self.

Credit is not "free money." You do have to pay it back sometime.

I am having a hard time with the transition from debit cards to credit cards.* I'm so used to using "real money" to buy things - I haven't used credit cards regularly since I was a poor college kid. It's not that I'm not paying off the credit cards monthly... It's more that I don't pay as much attention to what I'm spending when I use credit. So every month it gets more and more painful to pay off the card.

It doesn't help that Ann Taylor is my new favorite store (mainly because I can buy a pair of pants without having to try them on - that's a beautiful thing). And it doesn't help that I did need some new clothes because old things weren't fitting or were falling apart. And it doesn't help that I've been in a bit of a funk these past few weeks, and you know that it's going to be alright when we go shopping.

And also, by using credit, you don't have to say the word "debit," which has got to be the most nonsensical, annoying word I have ever repeatedly uttered over the course of one day.

It's always lalalalala...

________________
* Have you made this transition yet? If not you should ASAP - recently my friend's ATM/debit card was compromised and she lost almost everything from her checking account... Unrecoverable, of course. I changed my ways immediately. (Never shoulda started but that's another story altogether...)

No comments:

Post a Comment