Saturday, March 25, 2006

Exception numero uno.

A major exception to this rule is that this marathon training is kicking my ass. I was fine all week after 8 miles, and the day after 10 miles I felt okay - but I think I didn't rest properly, or eat properly, or something. All week I was totally dragging, and right around 2pm every day I needed a nap SOOOO BAD. Yes, Starbucks made a lot of money off me this week. Bah.

And then I'd get home and eat dinner, and sit down on the couch, and wake up at 2am. Every single day.

I've determined that my diet needs an overhaul. According to the trainers, my daily intake needs to be 60% carbs (YAY!), 15-20% protein, and 20-25% fat. And I need to eat throughout the day instead of three square that I've been doing for the past year.

I'll start tonight (after 9000 sugar calories at the bridal shower) with a small portion of spaghetti and fake meatballs (and of course garlic bread). And we'll see how it goes. There is only so much protein a vegetarian can eat in one day... but we are ALL ABOUT the carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment