Friday, March 03, 2006

Cast your votes...

I have succumbed to defectiveyeti's Oscar Pool this year. Evenings these days, I'm in "park ye olde brain" mode and if you are too, you can cast your votes...

[Personally, I am banking on Joaquin Phoenix, Brokeback Mountain and all that is associated with it, and Murderball (although it might be beat out by March of the Penguins which I would support). Probably Crash will win something, and maybe King Kong but I doubt it.

I am sad that I haven't seen A History of Violence, Syriana, Good Night and Good Luck, Capote, Transamerica, and Munich but I need to reserve those rentals for when I am SO VERY DEPRESSED and need a little pick-me-up ("hey, at least I'm not X...").

And I will probably watch the rest of the nominees eventually but for now, hey - I've seen six of them. I have this fear of being the person who MUST SEE EVERY SINGLE MOVIE before the Oscars even though their own opinion is really meaningless to anyone other than themselves...]

OK let's face it - Sunday is ALL ABOUT JON STEWART. Watch, laugh, worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment