Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life imitates art.

You know that commercial where the guy gets the total runaround on the phone trying to get to customer service? I won't name the company, but you know the ad.

I lived that this morning. It was unreal. Twenty minutes, five transfers, one "accidental" disconnection, five people telling me exactly the opposite of what I just heard from the person before them, and in the end I still didn't get what I needed (the approval that was supposed to have happened last Thursday, according to the first person I spoke with).

Fortunately, I didn't set anything on fire or have to announce to a busload of people that my uber-secret password was "KELLYCLARKSON!!!" Whew.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i had an experience like that. it was with the irs. i waited, spoke to someone for two minutes, got transfered, spoke for two mintues to someone else who realized i should have not been transfered, got transfered again... well, you get the piture. i was on the phone for 90 minutes for maybe 15 minutes worth of conversation.

    ReplyDelete