Thursday, March 09, 2006

Miscommunication possible.

This afternoon I asked a friend at work about a new assignment he'd been given by saying, "So how's mission impossible going?" He started in about the dust and dirt, and all the crawling around and gadgetry involved, and all the nasty little critters he was running into...

A few minutes into his description, I realized he was talking about a home improvement project under the crawlspace of his house that we'd been discussing last week, rather than his new work assignment. Up until then I was trying to mesh his imagery with what I understand of his new assignment (and it was working). And at the moment of realization I laughed out loud.

It amused me so much that I didn't let him in on the joke. Thankfully, he doesn't know about this here blog. (Shhhhh.)

This is coincidentally the same person who randomly asked me how training was going, meaning marathon, and I interpreted it as work-related and replied that we were just about finished with the presentation and were all set to go the next day. "You're running the marathon already??" Um, no.

We either need to talk more often, or not at all, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment