Tuesday, January 10, 2006

So this is the new year...

... and I don't feel any different. Thirty-one is looming over my head and I'm no better off than I was last year at this time.

But! I am hoping that by April things will start to change. I am in the process of setting some things in motion. Personal things, professional things, financial things. It will go more slowly than I would like, but if I start now I should be able to make some good headway. My friend's recent visit proved to be a very good influence on me. It was just the kick in the butt that I needed.

Overall I'm still trying to figure out what I want. But hell, the day I suss out what I do want, there'll probably be a parade. Seventy-six bloody trombones. (Name that paraphrased tune. Line. Whatever.)

So... stay tuned for new and exciting endeavors. At the risk of jinxing myself and reconsidering, I'll say that the first endeavor involves a half marathon later this year. Even if I do wimp out, it should count for something that I am really, seriously considering and planning for it for the first time... Right?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I know that line. As a matter of fact, I also know the line/tune from your heading. But you probably already know that I know... so I'll leave it to someone else to name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Seventy-six bloody trombones" is from the stage musical The Music Prat, still playing at the Angry Young Londoner Theater in repertory with God Sod The Queen.

    Other famous numbers include "Shipoopi, the Girl Who's Half a Git", "The Wells Fargo Wanker", "Sod Off Ladies", and "Marian Madam Bog Bugger Skank." Great, now those are all stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, "A" for effort. We really gotta get you - or at least your owner - into Buffy. ;)

    ReplyDelete