Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm already behind on my life book.

So it's not the book with all the answers, but it WILL CHANGE MY LIFE. It contains 365 daily instructions for hysterical living (complete with sections for personal daily notes)... the hysterical part I could really use right about now.*

Being that it's the 7th day since receiving the book, and I keep forgetting to follow it by the book (no pun intended), here's a recap of what I've missed so far:

  • Day 2: The Love of Your Life - where I was to look at everyone I saw as though they might be the love of my life and act accordingly. Fortunately I chose to take that day off work, so there were minimal encounters with people.
  • Day 4: World Coloring-In Day - where I was to color in all the countries of the world that I've been to, I definitely want to visit, I intend to go there before I die but if I don't make it no big deal, and I never plan to step foot on. How timely that I was just talking with a friend about Antarctica on Day 3. Although that's not a "country" represented here.
  • Day 5: Mass Social Experiment Day - placing an "out of order" sign on any public item(s) I choose, including but not limited to cranes, toilets, escalators. "The aim is to achieve comprehensive social breakdown across the U.S." Notes would've included phrases like "ALL RIGHT!!!!", "F-YEAH!!", etc.
Stay tuned for more progress on my hysterically-lived life. Performed on time, this time. Tomorrow is Day 8: Addiction-Free Day - where I'm sure notes will include things such as "OMG AS IF," "gaaaaarrr" and "FTS I'm getting a cup of coffee. Followed by a martini. Topped off with a crack pipe."

________________
* Can you say "worst day EVER?" I know that you can.

1 comment:

  1. For those wondering - there are 526,600 minutes in a year.

    ReplyDelete