Sunday, January 15, 2006

I shoulda held out for "Jesus Is Magic" at the Parkway.

Today I saw Brokeback Mountain. Yeah, the acting was good. But are we really to believe that two people forge a 20-year bond during a youthful summer fling after which they go back to their regularly scheduled lives and continue to see each other two or three times a year? I don't care if you're gay cowboys, straight college kids, happily married people who see your exes at your 30 year high school reunion - I DON'T BUY IT. And even if I did - you are not being fair to yourselves or the people around you. Cut it out - or get together for good and be done with it.

Not to mention, all I kept wondering through the whole film was, "I wonder if Michelle Williams is jealous that her child's father gets to kiss Jake Gyllenhaal and she doesn't?" I know I would be if I was her.

Sigh. I think I'm officially too jaded to ever see a love story ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment