Friday, January 20, 2006

Cutting the cord: part one.

What a week. Well, what a latter half of a week. On Wednesday I had a meeting with my unpaid supervisor to discuss transitioning out of my unpaid job, which went better than I expected - and today I got good news that things are moving way faster than I could've imagined. (Hmm... I wonder if I should be concerned with how fast things are moving, actually... "Get her out of there as soon as you can!!")

Thursday I got lots of really cool stuff from my friends at my birthday lunch. And I also got bittersweet news about a project lots of us have been working on forever. "Bitter" because we've been working on it forever, but "sweet" because I realized there was no reason to go to work on Friday. After all, I had no idea what the hell I would be doing all day other than sitting there wondering what the hell I should be doing.

Today (on my unexpected day off!) I started talking one-on-one with peers at my unpaid job about leaving. Everyone was very understanding but it was actually kind of emotional - which, I guess, is not really surprising considering how much time I spend with those folks and how much respect I have for them.

Afterward, in light of that, I tried to imagine my last day at work. And I got kinda sad. But then I went back to revising my resume and the "sweet" feeling came back... Stay tuned for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment