Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 ten.

Ten things I learned this year, in no particular order except the last, most important one:

  • Kids grow up really fast. Especially when you're not around them constantly.
  • Beets turn your pee pink.
  • Movers are GODS.
  • Portland and its geographic extremities are wonderful places.
  • Given the right employees, I can be a very good manager.
  • My country IS a better country than that.
  • Owning a house is not for me right now.
  • I should live in Alaska, I am green (generally speaking), my pirate name is Mad Jenny Bonney, I am I am I am Superman and I can do anything, and I am a colon (: not the organ thankfully).
  • Unemployment is probably only fun when it's voluntary. But man, is voluntary unemployment fun.
  • It is totally possible to pick up and move (solo) to a new town where you know one person (barely), get a job in an unfamiliar industry (during a recession), and live to tell the tale (for the most part).

No comments:

Post a Comment