Sunday, December 21, 2008

CCL update.

In case you're interested in ginormous vet bill news, last Monday after the ultrasound they determined that Her Majesty did not have cancer. So we've got that going for us. It's more likely pancreatitis or my favorite, IBD. That's inflammatory and disease, not irritable and disorder. For the record.

The pancreatitis test was initiated on 12/12 and can take 10 business days so I should hopefully know this week. If it comes back negative, it means IBD treatment starts and Her Maj gets a fucking job already. If it comes back positive it means I get another ginormous vet bill and she REALLY gets a fucking job already. Either way it's a lose-lose for her.

Fortunately, both are reasonably treatable, although there is apparently a shorter life expectancy with pancreatitis (3 years - which, for a 10 yr old cat, is pretty good actually).

She's been eating and drinking regularly and other than being freezing, as everyone in Portland has been this past week, she's acting totally normal. I haven't washed a puke-covered blanket for over a week. I think she's gained the lost weight back. We have spent much quality time on the couch with the down comforter plowing through the Netflix queue these past few days. This is all good news.

Whatever the case I am now 100% certain that she is going to milk this for all it's worth. Because I got a photo of her hideous shaved belly today. And now I'm posting it for the world to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping for the best. And about that shaved patch - the indignity of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I knew as soon as I posted good news she'd take another turn. Sure enough. Hopefully today is just an off day because I can't get to the vet until I de-snow the car and they de-snow the roads.

    ReplyDelete