Sunday, December 14, 2008

You call this a winter storm?

This morning I woke up early as usual, and got online as usual, and did some stuff. Then I went to my iGoogle page and checked the weather, which indicated snow. So I glanced outside for the first time, and holy cow - there was a light blanket of SNOW! They say the city shuts down in snow because it happens so rarely so I was curious to see how the day would unfold.

When it got a little lighter I headed outside for a walk.

It snowed all day. And when I say "all day," I mean ALL DAY. Yet this is the exact same street, eight hours later:

And still, many businesses I walked past on my way to and from volunteering were closed, or were closing early. I even got sent home two hours early from my volunteer gig.

(Really? Pansies!)

It finally stopped flurrying, but it's supposed to be in the 20s for the next few days so the ice in the morning is going to be ridiculous.

My office has shut down due to inclement weather before. I feel like I'm back in 3rd grade - the prospect of a snow day has me all jittery... Boy, it's hard to type with fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment