Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's the Czech for "brilliant"?

Year of the Dog: Not something I would normally go for, but I loved Chuck & Buck and The Good Girl (by the same producer), and John C. Reilly and Laura Dern have never steered me wrong. (If nothing else I figured Peter Sarsgaard would be his usual creepy self. I was right.) I was surprisingly impressed with Molly Shannon's performance but I didn't get the point of the movie until I watched the "making of" bonus material. And then I got it, and then I really liked it.

Once: A lovely musical drama. Must buy soundtrack immediately.

OK, back to House House House House House House House House House House...

1 comment:

  1. Why IS Peter Sarsgaard creepy? I also get this unsettling feeling about him but can't quite put my finger on it. Is it just the roles he picks? I think I've only seen him in about 3 or 4 films.

    ReplyDelete