Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow day = mass movie consumption.

Thumbs go down for The Invisible. I get what they were trying to do, but the last 10 minutes were (a) completely unrealistic - whereas the other 80 minutes where he walks around as a ghost were, of course, completely feasible - and (b) completely cliche. Your time would be better spent watching Donnie Darko for the nineteenth time.

Thumbs go up for Neverwas. If you enjoyed Finding Neverland and/or you enjoy the brilliance that is Ian McKellan, you will probably like this movie. Aaron Eckhart, Jessica Lange, Alan Cumming, William Hurt were all great. Even Nick Nolte was fantastic - and when do I ever say that?

And then there was American Gansgter, featuring my old friend Stringer Bell. I can't remember if that's the only reason I wanted to see it, or if it was because it was a true story. He was killed off about 10 minutes into it, so I turned it off last night in disgust. This morning I watched the rest... Eh. Overly ambitious, too long, I couldn't follow who was who in the Italian mafia... And again with the police corruption.

I think I'm going to move Everest: Beyond the Limit up in the queue. Maybe watching will remind me that I could be colder...

No comments:

Post a Comment