Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No offense to Estelle Getty's peeps, of course.

So first there was my aunt. Then today I heard some tragic news from a friend and I've been quite shaken all day. (Tip - never open an email with the subject line "bad news" on public transit! Trust me on this one.)

Given my "3's" trend, I really, really hope Estelle Getty is #3.

I think I need to move "meet people" up on my to-do list. In general I'm fine with taking my time getting to know my new town and figuring out what kind of people I'd like to befriend. But I've only really shared these recent events with my new boss, in an attempt to explain my flakiness and/or emotional instability on the days I learned of such events. (She caught me sniffling today at lunch when I was trying to compose any kind of rational thought to my friend in response to the tragedy.) It's times like these I wish I had someone a little bit closer to me, that I could eat ice cream with.

In the meantime, Her Majesty will have to do.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, Jen. I'm sorry. That sucks. Sounds like you had a really rough day. I will have some ice cream in solidarity with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... I'm so sorry. I'm just a holler or an e-mail away.

    Will also have some virtual ice cream with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your bad news. Long distance isn't the same, but we're all here for you if ya wanna chat.

    ReplyDelete