Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Everything's gonna get lighter, even if it never gets better."

Friday night at the gym I was thinking about how, two years later, this is still true.

You would think that after hundreds of runs and hundreds of miles it would get easier, or at least more tolerable. But no. The first part of the sucking only lasts about 1.5 miles now, and I've significantly increased my mph so that 1.5 miles takes far less time than it did two years ago, so I guess I've got that going for me. But still.

On a related note, I think it's funny that after hundreds of runs and hundreds of miles, I still want to break into the Charlie Brown dance when "Hey Ya" comes on. And then I think about breaking into the Charlie Brown dance and then play the Charlie Brown dance to this song in my head and then I start laughing and then I almost fall off the treadmill. It's a vicious cycle, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment