Sunday, July 06, 2008

Morgan pulled a Samuel!

I caught a matinée of Office Fight Matrix Space Club today. Except for about 10 minutes near the middle (yawn) and that part with the train (I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they teach you not to do in train conductor school), it was a fun movie. Which is all I think it was supposed to be. Which is why it earned 4 stars from me on Flixter.

However. If this hadn't been directed by the man who brought you Night Watch and Day Watch (SEE THEM) I probably wouldn't have bothered. True, it's based on a comic book series - but the series came out after the aforementioned FTW flicks, and it really is a compilation of all of them. True, it had James McAvoy - but that certainly didn't make me see Atonement. True, it had lots of cool stunts and special effects - but at one point I seriously wondered if I was watching 2 Fast 2 Furious (crafted by the same screenwriters, shockingly) by mistake, and I also noticed a lot of discrepancies and inconsistencies from scene to scene (watch the nose scar - IMDB "goofs" editors? CALL ME!).

So yeah, mindless fun that could've been had elsewhere for free. But ten seconds near the end featuring one line uttered by Morgan Freeman were worth every penny of my $7...

No comments:

Post a Comment