Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yes we're gonna party for the right to fight.

OK, I am also probably the only person I know who saw the Beastie Boys' creative... um... endeavor. I was curious because it was the same tour I saw a few years ago, and I wanted to see how the NYC show differed from the SF show.

Not much, turns out. It was still worth my $7.50 though. The concept was definitely there - give 50 people in a stadium concert their own handheld videocamera that they use to tape the show, or the crowd, or the bathroom, or whatever, and then piece it all together... Play some good songs, and have some paid camera operators to supplement the amateur videos... It was very much akin to actually being there - except a little bumpier and with a lot of deja vu replays.

But being able to say, on any given Thursday afternoon, "yeah, I went to the gym, and then I went to Jupiter and had a beer, then I caught a movie" is the COOLEST THING EVER. This "work" thing is for the birds.

Oh and also, I'm probably the only person I know who will love Adam Horovitz till death do us part. It's a growing-up-in-the-80s-on-the-east-coast thing. You wouldn't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment