Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Is it me?

I am probably the only person I know who ...

  • listens to the Avenue Q soundtrack during workouts
  • includes a news article written by a friend when contesting a [insert expletive of choice] $250 parking ticket for stopping in a dangerous part of town at 10pm to drop people off at BART (thanks Ryan!)
  • sings the South Park movie theme song incessantly while in mountainous areas on Sundays
  • seriously considers writing Longs Drugs an angry consumer letter after trying to return something at one store, only to be told that since they don't carry that item, I have to return it to a store that does - even though the receipt clearly states "You may return merchandise purchased at Longs to any Longs Drugstore" with no caveats about inventory
  • actively opts to listen to Jack Johnson
... It's me, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad my story was of use! I admit I never conceived of that application for it. I'll be curious what the "judge" makes of it, although one would think the dangeousness of West Oakland late at night would be self evident.

    I confess to feeling quite guilty when I saw your original post about the ticket. I had heard they were doing that -- ticketing people via camera in red zones at bart stations for exorbitant fines -- and had intended to send a mass warning email to my friends about it. But I never did.

    I can't remember how I originally found out about it. Probably for an article either in the Express, Tribune, Daily Planet or from another friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guilt was unwarranted. This ticket was courtesy of a live, in-person county "sheriff" who, like the other four sheriffs circling the block, apparently had nothing better to do with her time at 10pm in downtown Oakland.

    I find that soooo hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete