Saturday, April 29, 2006

Moviepalooza.

So first there was A History of Violence. I didn't love it - the story was a bit predictable and I don't favor gangster-type movies in general - but the actors were outstanding. All of them. Of course Viggo was great, but William Hurt really stole those scenes. And I must give credit to the choreographer, or whoever told them what to do during the fight scenes. I haven't seen anything that seamless in a long time.

Then there was The Chumscrubber. I guess it was supposed to be along the lines of Donnie Darko - teen suicide, idealistic fucked up suburbia, etc. I didn't love this one either, but again the actors were really impressive, and what a cast - Glenn Close, that kid who played Billy Elliott, William Fichtner, Ralph Fiennes (as a remarkable slowly-going-insane mayor), Allison Janney, Rita Wilson, Carrie-Anne Moss... I guess with a cast like that I expected a little more.

And then for something completely different, there was The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. What a lovely film. Her Majesty and I enjoyed that one very much.

Three movies in one night. I really need to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment