Friday, April 07, 2006

"I feel like a run-on sentence in a punctuation-crazy world."

I hate it when you go to Costco with $6.50 in coupons for things you actually need, and then you forget to use them. My whole Costco trip today was premised on the fact that I had these coupons. I put them in my bag, referred to them while shopping to make sure I got the right brand/size/etc., bought a bunch of other crap I didn't really need, and then forgot to hand the coupons over at the register.

When I got to my car I noticed my oversight and seriously contemplated going back in to see what kind of hassle I had to go through to get my $6.50 back - would they just reimburse me, or would I have to return the items (two of which were large and heavy, as Costco items are wont to be) and then go back through the line...?

For $6.50 I considered it a lesson learned... one that I have repeated in the past and will probably repeat many, many more times in my lifetime. Does that make it a "lesson acknowledged" instead?

________________
Today's subject brought to you by Woody Harrelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment