Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Thumbs go eh, thumbs go down.

So the end of Emily Rose (the actual exorcism part) wasn't as scary as the beginning. Maybe because I watched the second half when it was still light outside and I wasn't totally dog tired. Maybe because the second half just wasn't as creepy. Not sure. Overall, I give it an "eh." Made me think, for a few minutes. And then I returned to my atheistic ways. I do love that Laura Linney though.

On the other hand, Irreversible was like Memento (which I loved) on steroids with an awful premise. Or so I read. I wasn't able to get through more than 20 minutes of it without being bored. My mind started to wander... I started to contemplate moving back home and hanging out with my family more. I pictured flying my brother out here to help me pack up the U-Haul and drive cross-country to live in Maryland. This had nothing to do with the movie, but it freaked me out enough that I turned off the movie and won't be finishing it.

When all is said and done, I'm just trying to get through my rentals so that Netflix will send me the last season of Six Feet Under. One more to go... I think I might actually like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment